Pages

Chanel Spring 2012

The Chanel Spring 2012 Collection is heeerreeee! Of course I just had to get my makeup filthy hands on a couple of those limited edition gems!

This is what I picked up ... for now. ;)  I'll save the best for last!

Glossimer in Bonbon
This is my second Chanel glossimer (Mirifique being my first). Loving these glossimers so much is *no bueno* for my wallet! This glossimer has 0 glitter in it. It's a very light pink, almost clear on the lips, with a golden sheen. A perfect *topper* of nude and pink lipstick! It is the perfect icing, if you will.
Lux. Chanel. Icing!



Eclosion Eyeshadow Quad
Just like glossimers, this is my second of Chanel quads (Topkapi being my first <3 <3 <3). I've heard this quad is making it into their permanent line, but I couldn't wait. Eyeshadow is my weakness. I either go all out on eyeshadow, or love a simple and FRESH look to my eyes. Fresh is the perfect adjective for Chanel Eclosion... though it can definitely work the smoky eye as well with that little plum number! 

I am a sucker for purples, plums especially. I think plums and greens do brown eyes wonders! (I need Chanel Vert Khaki single eyeshadow next:)) And that peach ... unlike anything I have! The beige is ok ... nothing super special. The ivory... well the ivory has the most beautiful golden gLiTTer that the camera does not catch! 

Temptalia has a great review on this quad... as always! Swatches and beautiful pictures as well... MUCH better pictures!
(I love checking temptalia before, and after I buy! I'm sure that goes for all beauty gals, and guys, though!)



Cue the angels please!!!! ................




Chanel Horizon Blush 
This blush takes my breath away just looking at it! A gradation of rose, champagne, coral, and pink. On the cheeks, it's the best *pop of pInK* I can think of! Most pink blushes I own have a warmer undertone and always turn peach on my warmer skin. This blush is a tad bit on the cooler side, which gives me the true pink flush on the cheeks I'm always looking for! It has a slight golden sheen and can be built up for more color and beautiful luminosity. I have a feeling I will get a lot of use out of this one this Spring! Heck ... why wait 'till Spring!!!


Temptalia's review and swatches here.



The Chanel Spring 2012 Collections continues to read FRESH to me! Nothing too BAM and nothing too blah. It's the perfect elegance. Just classic colors. Don't get me wrong, I love BAM, but not every day.


Plus, I love love love Chanel packaging. It's so luxurious. 


I am tempted to pick up the pink "May" polish. Yes, just because my birthday is in May haha! 
Cheesy much? 
Come on ... it's Chanel! It would be my very first Chanel polish... but I'm wondering if I already have a shade of pink similar. We will see... 

On a side note : Cheddar's is one of my favorite restaurants! It houses one of my most faaaavorite meals and most faaaavorite little beverages! Jerrid, the MAN, and I, took a stroll down there last night to make our tummies happy!

I love me some "Painkiller" drink! I looked up the recipe so I could be specific...
2 oz dark rum
1 oz cream of coconut
4 oz pineapple juice
1 oz orange juice
sprinkle of nutmeg on top
Cheddar's drizzles honey all around the edges, shredded coconut, pineapple wedge, and a cherry to dress it up! Mmmm mmm!


I always order the same thing ... Dijon chicken and mushrooms over a bed of rice. Mashed potatoes with white gravy and broccoli and cheese casserole on the side. I'm getting hungry again! 

My friends always make fun of me because I'm an obsessive mushroom eater! 




Thanks for reading! Have a beautiful Tuesday!


1 comment:

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

LOVE all your new makeup!!

And I love the honey chicken and mushrooms from Cheddars -- yum!