Pages

Chanel Illusion d'Ombre Shadows

These shadows are my newest addition to my makeup family, and like always with Chanel...
i'm. in. love. 
I picked up Mirifique, particularly for the holidays, and Epatant. 

First of all, the colors are beautiful
Mirifique is a black with silver glitter and multicolor shimmer. It reminds me of the glitter in my car paint! :) 
Epatant is a greenish-silvery-taupish kind of color. It's very hard to describe because it's kind of like a chameleon color. It changes between silver, gray, green, and a mix of them all! 

The texture of these shadows is almost like a mousse... but not so whipped. It's a good amount of whipped.... if that makes any sense at all haha! It's fluffy and light. They are creamy and bounce back when you put pressure on the shadow. The easiest way to apply is with the fingers. I can't seem to pick up enough product on my brush.

I wore Mirifique all over my lids with a bit of silver on the inner corner on Christmas Eve and I loved it!  I put Bobbi Brown hot stone eyeshadow as a base to make sure I had the intensity I wanted for the black. It'll be my new "go to" smokey eye when I go out!

These can be worn over shadows, under as a base, alone, or as a liner! I get much more use out of Mirifique as a liner than a shadow. It makes for such a fun liner compared to the regular plain 'ol black!

As always, Temptalia has great swatches and reviews on her blog!


WITH FLASH - you can see I've been using Mirifique as a liner!

WITHOUT FLASH
What's YOUR most recent makeup purchase?

***Just a tid bit extra*** 
I made some more of my favorite pumpkin spice cupcakes last night! 
They are so easy to make! 

All you need is:
- box of spice cake mix (add eggs, water, and oil as directed on box)
- 1 can pumpkin puree 
- 1 bag of milk chocolate chips
- cream cheese or cheesecake frosting are my favorite to top with 
... and TA DA!!! 


2 comments:

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

Oh that eyeshadow is just so dang purdy!!!

mynewestaddiction said...

Those are a couple of my favs there! And those cupcakes look delish!